Our school has 4 mixed-age classes with an intake each year of 17 which ensures that we can offers small class sizes in the crucial early years of Key Stage 1. Our ethos of caring for one another, valuing each other and supporting each other to achieve all that we can achieve is lived out, day by day, by the older children in each class who act as mentors to the younger children.
Our school day runs from 8:55am registration to 3:10pm for Key stage 1 and 3:15pm for Key Stage 2.
We are proud of our School Council, made up of children from Reception to Year 6, who are strongly involved in developing the school. One of their most recent notable achievements has been to re-name each class.
We also have a thriving PTFA who organise fun fundraising events for the children and their families. Recent achievements include sending the whole school to see the Pantomime at Salisbury Playhouse and the installation of our brand new play trail.
Our Aims and Mission Statement
As a Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School we aim:
- To teach a broad and balanced curriculum to the highest standard
- To ensure all pupils and adults feel safe, valued and supported so that they take a pride in themselves, their school, behaviour and achievement
- To expect each individual to value, trust and respect others irrespective of their gender, faith or ethnicity
- To foster curiosity, interest, joy and an enquiring mind in each child and thereby stimulate a life-long love of learning
- To help our children enjoy their particular stage of development and prepare them for the next stage in their school career
"All learning together in a Christian community, nurturing & developing lively minds in a safe caring environment"