Vision and Values
An exciting Curriculum of opportunities
Here at Chapmanslade we strive to offer not just a high quality curriculum, but exciting learning opportunities for all the children. We are very passionate about our sport, drama, music and art - with our children regular taking part in Dance competitions, art competitions, singing festivals, recitals and sports tournaments. We hold regular inter-house sports tournaments in school and every year, every child is involved in a production. We were very proud to have been chosen by Bath Rugby Club to represent them at the Aviva Rugby Final at Twickenham in 2013.
Our Aims and Mission Statement
As a Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School we aim:
- To teach a broad and balanced curriculum to the highest standard
- To ensure all pupils and adults feel safe, valued and supported so that they take a pride in themselves, their school, behaviour and achievement
- To expect each individual to value, trust and respect others irrespective of their gender, faith or ethnicit
- To foster curiosity, interest, joy and an enquiring mind in each child and thereby stimulate a life-long love of learning
- To help our children enjoy their particular stage of development and prepare them for the next stage in their school career
"All learning together in a Christian community, nurturing & developing lively minds in a safe caring environment"
Preparation for and appreciation of life in modern Britain
Here at Chapmanslade Primary we believe that we help prepare our children for and develop an appreciation of life in modern Britain. We promote:
Democracy - through our School Council and Class Councils, Acts of Collective Worship, Circle Time, and our PSHE curriculum
The Rule of Law - through our Golden Rules, Acts of Collective Worship, PE curriculum, our behaviour management systems, visitors to the school (such as Police, Fire Brigade, etc), Circle Time and our PSHE curriculum
Individual Liberty - through our PSHE curriculum, RE curriculum and across the Curriculum as a whole where we encourage individual expression
Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs - through School Council and Class Councils, Acts of Collective Worship, our behaviour management systems, Circle Time, PSHE curriculum, RE curriculum, and across the whole curriculum.