Chapmanslade School is a happy and fulfilling place to work. Safer Recruitment is extremely important in this school. We shall always seek references prior to interview and will not consider applicants with unexplained gaps in their employment record.
Please see our job applicant privacy notice below:
Teaching Assistant – Named Pupil
|Salary:||£21968 – £22777 pro-rata (£11.39 – £11.81 per hour)|
|Date Closes:||Please note that applications will be reviewed as received and should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.|
|Working Pattern:||Temporary Part Time|
Chapmanslade CE VA Primary School is a unique, small village primary school set in beautiful countryside between Westbury and Frome. Our little school has a wonderful community feel which we pride ourselves on. We are well-resourced, with a highly committed staff and a dedicated governing body. Our pupils are charming, charismatic and well-motivated.
The school is thriving after a busy year. Last year we renewed our vision and values, thinking about what really makes us special – our pupils are wonderfully caring toward each other. At Chapmanslade School we aim to ‘Love our neighbour as we love ourselves in all we do’. Chapmanslade School continues to be judged as a ‘good’ school during a positive Ofsted inspection in March last year.
All about the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, caring and committed professional to join our enthusiastic and supportive staff team in KS2 as a Teaching Assistant, initially supporting a child with an Education Health Care Plan.
We are ideally looking for someone with experience as a Teaching Assistant who has skills in supporting children with Special Educational Needs. Initially the role will entail supporting a child in Year 5.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is able to work 30 hours per week and responsibilities will include assisting in the dining room and on the playground. A half hour unpaid lunch break will be provided. Although, we may be able to be flexible with the hours you will work or consider a job share.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Enjoy working with children and can develop good working relationships with them
- Understand and are sympathetic to the needs of young children
- Understand that behaviour is communication
- Are passionate about promoting learning and achievement for all
- Are willing to undertake training to meet any child’s medical needs
- Have high levels of resilience, energy and enthusiasm, and have a sense of humour
- Are a team player who can build good working relationships with colleagues
- Have proficient skills in English and Maths
- Can use your own initiative
- Are a good communicator with children, parents and staff
- Have skills and experience of supporting children with Special Educational Needs
- Can protect and support the Christian ethos of the school
You will be required to:
- Work with an individual with an EHCP but also with small groups of children under the direction of the class teacher
- Support children with a range of needs including Autism, ADHD, and SEMH needs.
- Support the class teacher, implementing planned learning activities/programmes as agreed in advance
- Show initiative and flexibility
- Build effective relationships with children, parents and colleagues
In return we offer
- An exceptionally happy and ambitious school community
- Delightful pupils
- Very pleasant school buildings and grounds
- A team that prioritises staff wellbeing and values every member of our team
- Term time working
- Committed and supportive governors, church community and parents
Hours of work: 30 hours per week 8:45am-3:15pm Monday to Friday (term time only)
Contract type: This is a specific purpose contract to cover a pupil with an EHCP. Should the pupil leave the school or the pupil’s EHCP is reduced/removed the post will cease.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Andrea McCall, School Business Manager on 01373 832367 or email email@example.com to discuss arrangements for visiting the school.
Closing date: Please note that applications will be reviewed as received and should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Commencement date: To be confirmed
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
- School Job Application Form
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
- Person Specification
- Job Description
- Letter to Applicants