Chapmanslade School is a happy and fulfilling place to work. Safer Recruitment is extremely important in this school. We shall always seek references prior to interview and will not consider applicants with unexplained gaps in their employment record.
Please see current vacancy below.
|We are a small village school set in beautiful countryside between Westbury and Frome, with a highly committed and enthusiastic staff. Our pupils are polite, well motivated and achieve high standards in all areas of school life. This is a Good school.
The successful candidate will have the skills and knowledge to work with our year 6 pupils – helping them to achieve their full potential, to prepare for their end of key stage tests, and to transition to secondary school – as well as being able to generally support teaching and learning in classes. All of our Teaching Assistants help to supervise lunch time.
21 ¼ hours per week 8:45am – 1:15pm Monday to Friday (includes an unpaid break. Term time only)
We invite applications from motivated individuals who:
• believe that every child can improve and succeed;
• are able to support pupils’ learning, behaviour and emotional needs;
• are patient, calm, organised, creative and able to motivate children;
• are able to use their own initiative as well as take direction;
• are enthusiastic, energetic and have a positive outlook;
• work well as part of a team;
• have excellent communication skills;
• are able to support the Christian ethos of our school.
Closing date: 7th December 2018 12 noon
Interview date: 14th December 2018
Commencement date: 7th January 2019 or as agreed with successful candidate
Chapmanslade School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.