Chapmanslade School is a happy and fulfilling place to work. Safer Recruitment is extremely important in this school. We shall always seek references prior to interview and will not consider applicants with unexplained gaps in their employment record.
Please see our job applicant privacy notice below:
Class Teacher EY / KS1 0.5 Permanent FTE
Chapmanslade is an exceptional, well-resourced small village school set in beautiful countryside between Westbury and Frome, with a highly committed staff and a dedicated governing body. Our pupils are charming, well motivated and achieve high standards in all areas of school life. The School was judged Good at its last Ofsted inspection.
We are seeking a kind, ambitious, talented and enthusiastic teacher to join our EY/KS1 team. The ideal candidate will be able to evidence recent relevant teaching experience in a Reception class, and may also have experience of teaching at KS1. You will be skilled at creating a stimulating environment that allows every child to achieve. The successful candidate will be a genuine team player, working closely with colleagues including our TAs, and will recognise the importance of developing a strong partnership with parents. The successful candidate will aspire to become a confident and innovative curriculum leader of PSHE across the school.
Applications are invited from individuals who
- Can demonstrate consistently good teaching practice and a deep understanding of the EYFSP
- Understand the mastery approach to mathematics teaching
- Use on-going Assessment for Learning to shape meaningful lessons
- Believe that every child can progress and achieve
- Have high levels of resilience, energy and enthusiasm, and have a sense of humour
- Can protect and support the Christian ethos of the school
In return we offer
- An exceptionally happy and ambitious school community
- Delightful pupils
- Very pleasant school buildings and grounds
- A high level of support for your professional development
- Committed and supportive governors, church community and parents
Hours of work: 0.5 FTE Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Wednesday 13th October 2021 (12 noon) latest
Interview date: Tuesday 19th October 2021
Commencement date: 1st January 2022
Additional information: Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Andrea McCall, School Business Manager on 01373 832367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss arrangements for visiting the school.
Chapmanslade school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.