Chapmanslade School is a happy and fulfilling place to work. Safer Recruitment is extremely important in this school. We shall always seek references prior to interview and will not consider applicants with unexplained gaps in their employment record.
Please see our job applicant privacy notice below:
Class Teacher KS2 Full Time Permanent – Art and Music Leader
We are seeking a kind, ambitious, talented and enthusiastic class teacher to join our KS2 team. The ideal candidate can evidence at least one year’s recent relevant teaching experience, most likely in key stage 2, and will be committed to creating a stimulating environment that allows every child to achieve. The successful candidate will be a genuine team player, working closely with colleagues including our TAs, and will recognise the importance of developing a strong partnership with parents. The successful candidate will aspire to become a confident and innovative curriculum leader of art and music across the school. Please see our website for further information.
Applications are invited from individuals who
- Can evidence the extent to which they meet the criteria in the person specification
- Demonstrate consistently good teaching practice
- Understand the mastery approach to mathematics teaching
- Use on-going Assessment for Learning to shape meaningful lessons
- Believe that every child can progress and achieve
- Have high levels of resilience, energy and enthusiasm, and have a sense of humour
- Can protect and support the Christian ethos of the school
In return we offer
- An exceptionally happy and supportive school community
- Delightful pupils
- Very pleasant school buildings and grounds
- Ambitious school development plans focused on the quality of education we provide
- A high level of mentoring and professional development
- Committed and supportive governors, church community and parents
Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Wednesday 23rd September 2020 (12 noon) latest
Interview date: Thursday 1st October and Thursday 8th October 2020
Commencement date: 1st January 2021
Additional information: Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Andrea McCall, School Business Manager on 01373 832367 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to visit the school.
Chapmanslade school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
- Application for Employment Form
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
- Person Specification
- Job Description
- Letter to Applicants