Chapmanslade School is a happy and fulfilling place to work. Safer Recruitment is extremely important in this school. We shall always seek references prior to interview and will not consider applicants with unexplained gaps in their employment record.
Please see our job applicant privacy notice below:
KS2 Teacher Vacancy
Chapmanslade is an exceptional, well-resourced small village school set in beautiful countryside between Westbury and Frome, with a highly committed staff and a dedicated governing body. Our pupils are charming, well motivated and achieve high standards in all areas of school life. The School was judged Good at its last Ofsted inspection.
We are seeking a kind, ambitious, talented and enthusiastic class teacher, with at least one year’s recent relevant teaching experience, to join our KS2 team. The successful candidate will be committed to creating a stimulating environment that allows every child to achieve. They will be a genuine team player, working closely with colleagues including our TAs, and will recognise the importance of developing a strong partnership with parents.
Applications are invited from individuals who
- Can evidence the extent to which they meet the criteria in the person specification
- Demonstrate consistently good teaching practice
- Understand the mastery approach to English and mathematics teaching
- Use on-going Assessment for Learning to shape meaningful lessons
- Believe that every child can progress and achieve
- Have high levels of resilience, energy and enthusiasm, and have a sense of humour
- Can protect and promote the Christian ethos of the school
In return we offer
- An exceptionally happy and supportive school community
- Delightful pupils
- Very pleasant school buildings and grounds
- Ambitious school development plans focused on the quality of education we provide
- A high level of mentoring and professional development
- Committed and supportive governors, church community and parents
Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Wednesday 5th May 2021 (12 noon) latest
Interview date: Thursday 13th May 2021
Commencement date: 1st September 2021
Additional information: Visits to the school are highly encouraged. Please contact Mrs Andrea McCall, School Business Manager on 01373 832367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to visit the school.
Chapmanslade school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
- Application of Employment Form
- Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form
- Person Specification
- Job Description
- Letter to Applicants